The Big Bang Theory

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
Eyes High

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Eyes High »

I really enjoy this sit-com, even though some episodes are not as funny as others and I definitely want to halfway strangle Sheldon sometimes. :wallbang:
One thing that I don't care for is the direction Stewart's character took. He wasn't so...down in spirit during the first few episodes in which he was introduced.

I admit I didn't hear about it until it was in its second season but I was hooked on it almost immediately. I found a friend who had the first Season on Disc so I was able to catch-up on the series at that time.

I eventually bought the DVDs of Season 1 for myself and then added the others as the came out until I had the first 5 seasons. We were not able to add to our collection for a long time so I could only get my fix via re-runs on TV and re-watching Seasons 1-5 until my son could almost quote each episode. :whistle:

We lost those DVDs in the fire last year but I was finally able to replace the five we lost plus add seasons 6-9. :yay:

So who else likes TBBT? Who dislikes it? Which character(s) is/are your favourites? Whre would you like to see the show head next? What do you think of the news about a possible prequel titled: Sheldon?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-big-ban ... eldon-dad/
Dr Dave

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Dr Dave »

I'm not a huge fan of the show. I do like the Sheldon & Amy characters though.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Eggs Loki »

I enjoyed it for the first several seasons although I was never a rabid MUST SEE kind of fan. And I appreciate that a show that spouts this much science and is even named for the Theory of Evolution isn't boycotted and protested by all those religious zealot assholes out there.

But I think 10 years is enough for these characters. However it's still pretty much the #1 rated show on TV, so they will keep riding the train as long as the profits are there.
Dr Dave

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Dr Dave »

I was not a fan of the stereotyping of geeks.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eyes High

The Big Bang Theory

Post by Eyes High »

I enjoyed the season 10 final episode. Can hardly wait until season 11 begins. :yay: