The Mountain is Closed

Get Wacky!
Mirah

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Mirah »

The place where I spent 2 1/2 years will be closing its doors for the summer, which is the right thing to do.

The directors of Holden serve 5 years at a time. The current directors began during a mine remediation era where there were no guests in the village, just workers doing projects. And then the fire happened with an evacuation and a closing of the village for a time. I was there for those 2 events as well and during the re-opening of the village to guests. They had 3 summers total with guests.
And now their final summer will have no guests again.

It is strange that I decided to get a job with the theater this year and that the boat isn't really an option anymore for this year. These sort of things trip me out. I had imagined working 3 jobs this summer when the boat company picked back up for the season.

Those poor directors! What a time they have had.

The whole summer will be different, not just here everywhere. I always looked forward to people stopping by before they made the trek up the mountain. So now I look at where else can I focus my time and energy.

I know, I know
#FirstWorldProblems
Mirah

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Mirah »

It will also have an impact on the small town at the very end of the lake. I wonder what their summer will look like as they rely on tourism. With the Pacific Crest trail being mostly closed as well they won't have the hikers coming through either.
Dr Dave

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Dr Dave »

Everybody will be hurting this year, I think.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Dr Dave

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Dr Dave »

Mountains, more like nothings!

(as the old saying goes)
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Mirah

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Mirah »

The mountain opened this week. We sent close to 100 people up on Monday and thier luggage! I lugged luggage from the dock to the boat and then the boat to the truck. THAT WAS FUN.

I told the boat captain that we will be doing this every week and he thought they were all going up for 6 weeks. I think I scared him. It was a lot of luggage.
Dr Dave

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Dr Dave »

People should carry their own luggage. How fucking lazy are these assholes?

Mirah

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Mirah »

Unfortunately the way the boat is set up we have people store thier luggage in the back of the boat-if we let them take it with them they would take up too many seats with it.
Mirah

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Mirah »

The ones I like the most are the hikers and thier packs. For one of the stops they have to hop down off the boat ramp and then we hand thier packs to them I get to see who packs the smartest.
Dr Dave

The Mountain is Closed

Post by Dr Dave »

Mirah wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:31 am Unfortunately the way the boat is set up we have people store thier luggage in the back of the boat-if we let them take it with them they would take up too many seats with it.
Toss them overboard.